TOP thirty days COLLEGE ADVICE TWITTERERS TO VISIT It’s hardly surprising. Twitter is an excellent social media web site to find out the hottest college news and information. Set yourself up some ‘college info’ list about Twitter and add these to that list. Because you follow these individuals, notice who they really are communicating with plus who many people follow exercise . more fot it list. In the near future you will have a complete Twitter list that will make you stay abreast of the most up-to-date college media.
- @SuzanneShaffer -The definitive Parent University or college Coach (helping parents help their college-bound teen get around the college maze).
- @4CollegeParents University Parent’s twitter profile. Great material for parents with college-bound young adults.
- @CollegeVisit Everything you need to understand college comes to visit from mothers and fathers, students and also experts.
- @CollegeBlogs Stunning advice pertaining to everything you need to understand college entrée.
- @SaveCollegeCost The BEST financial advice near for parents plus college-bound youngsters.
- @SheldonWordNerd SAT assist (hook your teen up with he! )
- @SusanPosluszny Getting casted counselor with a small GREAT career advice just for college-bound teenage years.
- @MyCollegeGuide As always, superb information about institution and all factors related to university or college.
- @USATodayCollege College news from an fantastic news form.
- @VideoCoach Offering video lessons with all different kinds of college tips and help.
- @FastWebdotcom A scholarship web page that blogposts scholarship options.
- @TheCollegeGuide Great blogs about faculty life and topics linked to college challenges.
- @CollegeWeekLive An online multimedia college reasonable offering stay events in addition to chats.
- @Scholarshipscom A scholarship web site that blogposts scholarship possibilities.
- @Cappexcom A college coordinating, search, and scholarship web-site for college-bound teens.
- @NYTimesCollege A school news web log offering up-to-date news and also Q& A new.
- @MoneyMgmt101 Helping college-bound teens and the parents try to make wise money choices.
- @CampusCommons Supplying an informative and interesting blog regarding college students.
- @IHEAdmissions Facts related to university (great content and media reports).
- @CheapScholar Serving students and the parents locate college resourcing and cheap deals.
- @EntrepreneurEDU Tweeting in relation to entrepreneurial choices in university education.
- @gilrogers An tickets officer this tweets details about admissions use and the scholars who implement.
- @zinch Tweets pertaining to scholarships as well as finding the ‘perfect fit’ higher education.
- @TheCampusBuzz Tons of content related to school.
- @CollegeCalendar Tips for college-bound teens around staying sorted out and successfully navigating admissions.
- @CollegeSurfing Superb tweets about college media, college vestibule and school information.
- @MyUsearch Abide by this twitterer for the newest college material and current information.
- @Unigo Articles with regards to college and higher education.
- @CollegeBlender — Making it easier to connect to varsity student, skills, and alumni blogs.
- @MindFish — A wiser and more fun way to take on standardized testing. (pass this one on to your company kiddos! )
FRIDAY Q& A-DROPPING THE SCHOOL TRAINING
Each week Internet marketing posting something that mothers and fathers ask, combined with answer. If you have a question you expect for me add, please email me or lead message myself on Twitter (@SuzanneShaffer) and even I’ll be willing to feature it again.
Q. Is it all right for my teen to drop a high institution course stomach year?
Some sort of. Even if your current college-bound teen comes to you along with says which colleges is not going to see all their grades best website to write your essay and it doesn’t problem, don’t give. Colleges can make the admissions decision well before final grades but they will likely request a finish of the yr transcript. But if your teen drops a course it will show at this time there and may raise concerns.
Direction counselors, along with good reason, will be vehemently from dropping training systems. Some schools even involve parents and even students that will sign the letter acknowledging the risk they are really taking based on college classes.
According to Shelter Bierer, a private college agent in Charlotte now, North Carolina, ‘some students try to get creative and also suggest a replacement of an online course instead of the an individual offered at their valuable high school and this also too simply looked upon efficiently. ‘ According to Brown Higher education, ‘The actual fact that they desire to bring it internet instead will certainly raise eyebrows. If they are taking it anyhow, why don’t that they just time in class? Whenever a a management conflict by using another enhanced course and then the school recommends the change for that reason, and then we’ll settle for that, in case they are simply substituting an on-line option for any in-class selection, we will be a reduced amount of understanding. ‘
Colleges overview the final homeschool transcript and use it to be able to gauge near future performance according to the strength with the courses your teen takes. In cases where colleges learn that they have fallen courses after they were of the folk, it could be seen as grounds intended for revoking free front end offer of admission. And honestly, it’s not truly worth the risk.
Persuade your teen to stay it out. It’s a good tutorial in determination and it will arranged a the pattern for their faculty courses once tempted to decrease them additionally. And it will keep the discouragement of entrée being revoked at the last second!